Mold in Your Waterloo, IL Basement
Any home or business can quickly be taken over by mold if a source of water is present. Even just a small leak can lead to a mold disaster. This basement in Waterloo, IL was overcome by mold spores when the home sprung a leak in two places. The mold was left sitting too long and the results were horrific. To keep your home or business safe from mold take note of the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has mold issues, call your local experts at SERVPRO of Monroe, Randolph & Washington Counties at (618) 464-0300.