If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (618) 464-0300

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Fallible Bleach

12/16/2019 (Permalink)

A picture of bleach Learn more about mold and how to deal with it on the mold tab of this website!

Many times, bleach is thought of as an all-powerful chemical that magically destroys problems like mold. Unfortunately, this is untrue. While bleach seems to fix everything, in reality it can be just a temporary solution to a growing problem.

Looks can be Deceiving

Typically, when you use bleach on mold, it can clear off the top layer making it look as if the mold has been removed. Mold grows by sticking its roots into the material that it is attached to. This means that if bleach is used, the top, visible layer has been removed, but the roots are still attached. Now, you have an invisible problem that keeps on growing.

Bleach Loses Effectiveness

Over time, bleach in your home or business loses effectiveness. As bleach sits, the chlorine within the jug evaporates, leaving you with an inadequate cleaning solution that still does not fight against mold.

Bleach is Toxic

Some people swear by bleach. Why use anything else when you can obliterate any and all bacteria and dirt using it? This brings up another issue with using bleach too often. While it can be an effective cleaning solution, it produces fumes that pollute the air you breath, making the area unsafe for children, pets, and even you.

OSHA and EPA Don’t Like it

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the Environmental Protection Agency don’t like it either. Trust them, they know what they are talking about.

At SERVPRO, we want your home and business to be safe from mold issues. The more you know about the dangers of mold growth, the better you can prepare for it should it rear its ugly head.

Should you need mold remediation and cleanup, call your local experts, SERVPRO of Monroe, Randolph & Washington Counties. We are here to help 24/7 and can tackle any mold issue you may have. Call us today at(618) 464-0300.

Other News

View Recent Posts