Blowing Smoke in Nashville, IL Homes
Did you know that there are different types of smoke that can affect your home or business after a fire? How the fire damage restoration cleanup is executed depends on the types of smoke we find. Here is a list of a few kinds:
- Fuel oil soot - Refers to smoke that backflows into a home from a furnace or fireplace.
- Wet smoke - Refers to smoke that results from plastics and rubbers that burn at low heat, causing a sticky, smeary substance to form. Can have a pungent odor.
- Dry smoke - Your average smoke. Comes from paper and wood burning at high temperature, sending the heat towards the ceiling along with black, billowing clouds.
- Protein smoke - Produced by evaporation of material rather than from fire itself. Protein smoke is virtually invisible, yet it discolors paints and varnishes and has an extreme pungent odor.
- Others - Smoke from tear gas, fingerprint powder, and fire extinguisher residue.
At SERVPRO of Monroe, Randolph & Washington Counties, we pride ourselves in learning about any kind of damage that can be done to your home or business. The better we understand the disaster, the better we can help make it “Like it never even happened.” If your home or business needs fire, smoke, or soot damage recovery, call us 24/7 at (618) 464-0300.