Water In Your Sparta Home Or Business And What To Do
Experiencing water damage?
When water damages occur in your home or workplace, avoid the frustration of cleanup! SERVPRO of Monroe, Randolph & Washington Counties will respond quickly to your water disaster with the right equipment to dry, clean, and restore your property.
Water damage safety tips
- Shut off the water source if possible. If it cannot be done safely, do not attempt to shut it off. If you have an ERP with SERVPRO, all shut-off information is in the app. Please see link. https://ready.SERVPRO.com/
- Remove standing water by mopping and blotting.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery to dry them. Do not try to put cushion covers in the washing machine.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs to help protect them.
- Hang furs and leather goods separately at room temperature to avoid damage.
- Remove Oriental or other colored rugs from wet to dry areas.
- Do not use a regular vacuum to remove water.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if they are wet, and keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Do not turn on any wet electrical appliance.
- For safety, call an electrician if the fuse box has been submerged.
- Do not leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpeting.
And # 12. Call SERVPRO!
If your home is affected by water damage, call SERVPRO of Monroe, Randolph & Washington Counties. We have the tools and manpower to make any disaster “Like it never even happened.” We’ll always have your back 24/7, 365 days a year with our emergency response service. Contact us at (618) 464-0300.